Wednesday, July 8, 2015

~Internship so far!~

Hello again, its Jennifer the Intern!! Just wanted to give an update on my internship, I have had an amazing time with Jenn and the rest of the KYAE staff.  I cannot believe that it is half over :( Thus far I have been taught to pay attention to detail of centerpieces, flowers, tables, etc. because they will be in a picture at some point during the night. Taking those extra minutes to make  something look better than it did before is so worth it when the pictures come back.  Another thing that I have learned is that no matter what the show must go on with or without all parties, because we are on a schedule and deadlines have to be met. If a individual in the wedding party cannot make it down the aisle at the right time it is okay for them to step out and be brought in later after the bride makes her entrance.

Most importantly I have been inspired by is knowing the value of allowing the bridal party and their families and all guests to be just that at their wedding and celebrate two families becoming one without having to work and clean up.  It takes a lot of hard work to put on a wedding and that is something that families should not have to worry with.  By allowing them to sit back and relax and enjoy the day stress FREE, makes their day so much more enjoyable.  I have had countless parents, family members, guests come up to me and say they are having a blast and to me that lets me know that we are doing something right at this wedding.  We are making magic happen as Jenn calls it and I absolutely love making a difference in peoples lives.  

 I have met lots of awesome vendors along the way.  Some I have actually talked to longer than five minutes while eating dinner.  I know that I have established lasting professional relationships with them and hoping to work with them again in the future.  Watching these vendors and their teams come in and get the job done is amazing and mind blowing at the same time.  Some are in one place one minute and the next they are somewhere else doing something else.  I understand that it takes an army to put on a wedding and working with this KYAE staff as well as vendors, I see that they are very dedicated and they work well together.  For each event we work together as a team to get the job done and done correctly.   Every person on the staff has dedication and heart and I am happy to say that I was apart of making peoples day. I look forward to the rest of my internship with Jenn. This is just a tip of the iceberg as to what I have learned so far! Congrats again to all the couples that I have had a hand in helping with this summer. 


Best Wishes,
Jennifer Davis
                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment