When planning a wedding, it’s common for some couples to want to take over and do everything themselves. But when you have a wedding planner, you have to trust that they will take your vision and turn it into a reality. The top priority for us as your wedding planner, aside from creating the most magical day for our couple, is creating a satisfying guest experience. How are the guests thought about during the planning process? Are the guests needs being met?
The reason the guest experience is so important is because
1. Allow us to learn all about your past and current hobbies, how you met, your first date, your aspirations for future travels and fun...along with learning about family traditions and fun things you might have done in college or throughout your dating time period.... we'll take those little stories and create an overall love story for your guests to experience the entire evening....
2. You want the guests to leave satisfied just as much as the couple. Consider time of day, is ceremony in full sun or shade, did you offer enough food and drinks, how were seating arrangements handled...and parking/transportation is a HUGE one we always hear about... oh and how clean was the facility (mainly bathrooms).
3. Make your guest never want to leave your party...because they have NO CLUE what's to come around the corner next... keep that element of surprise on the schedule board.... (YES communication is KEY)
4. You also want to have an event flow. If you stick to the schedule that you created for the wedding, and have a steady flow of how things are supposed to run, that can also benefit you, your staff, vendors, and the guest experience...but things happen, and by having us along your side we are pretty reactive to the amazing "proactive" schedule we've created.
5. Think of lounge seating during cocktail hour and/or around the dance floor. Create areas that are so comfortable people just want to hangout all night long!
6. Entertainment is HUGE! Hire professionals (enough said)
7. We love a good wedding crasher... aka your college or pro mascot (we know a few people)
8. Remember that element of surprise we were chatting about... what about having champagne flowing "from the ceiling"
9. Or bring in Circus performs to entertain your guests during cocktail hour
10. Food is one of our biggest areas we love telling your story... what's your favorite meal? Allow us to showcase that item...that night... YUM right?!?!? That way every time you eat it from now on, you'll think about your wedding day...
Allow us to set everything up for you, greet your guests, manage the event and of course handle the break down at end when every one of your guests are tired from dancing the night away....
So cheers to a great party!