|all images via Pinterest|
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Finally, what you've all been waiting for! The star of the show, Marsala- also known as Pantone's Color of the Year. Marsala is a great color that can warm up a fall or winter wedding, even when paired up with a few cool tones. This shade of color can be upscale classy and even country chic and that's why it's a great color to play with no matter what the style of your wedding is. We're going to be seeing a lot of jewel tones, sparkle, and neutrals, so below you will see some inspiration if you plan on incorporating Marsala into your wedding color palette.
Sunday, February 22, 2015
Have you heard what the color of the year is? Pantone released their 2015 color trends recently and their color of the year is Marsala! This year we're going to see softer colors for the first half of the year compared to the bright colors last year and then we're going to move towards more jeweled tones for Fall- cue the Marsala trends. Keep on reading to see different ideas on how to incorporate these colors at your wedding!
Aquamarine Scuba Blue
Classic Blue Toasted Almond
Are you waiting to see Marsala trends? Check out our blog tomorrow for an entire post dedicated to the Color of the Year!
Saturday, February 14, 2015
It’s important to step back from planning your wedding and remembering why you got engaged in the first place. Make sure to go out on dates or even plan a special night in. It’s easy to get caught up in other things, so create a date jar; it’s super simple!
All you need is:
Here are two ways you can create your date jar:
Option #1 Have different color popsicle sticks to signify a night in, a night out, a free date, a nicer date, etc; that way it’ll be easier to pick out what will suit you better for that day.
Option #2 Have three different colors to signify $, $$, $$$ (different priced dates).
|**I didn't have popsicles, so I used colored post-its instead. A color guide is also helpful so you don't forget what each color signifies. NO RULES- GET CREATIVE!!!**|
After your craft project, here are some creative date ideas to write on your popsicle sticks (or post-its) and to save you money while planning your wedding:
Date Idea #1: A Night In
Tired of the same old meals every week? Look up a recipe of something neither of you have tried!
Date Idea #2: A Night Out
A night out doesn't always mean going out to dinner. Change it up by going to a comedy club!
Date Idea #3: Free Date
Become a tourist in your own city! Visit your city's website and find out what is going on that you can do for free without having to travel far.
Date Idea #4: $ Date
If you like wine, check out your local vineyards. You'll get to sample local wines and many places even give you a wine glass to take home.
Date Idea #5: Throwback Date
Go on a date to the zoo! It’ll bring back childhood memories and you can create new memories. Plus, it’s cheap!
**Check out our Pinterest page for more ideas!**
You can use these even after you’re married; it’s important to keep on dating each other even after marriage! Have fun on your dates and Happy Valentine’s Day from Knot Your Average Events!
Monday, February 2, 2015
Planning a wedding can be a bit overwhelming at times, but attending a bridal show can help put your mind at ease! When you walk through the doors and look around the room, it may seem like a dreadful task because you don’t know where to start and you know you are going to be bombarded with more information than you need. Trust me, it’s worth it. Don’t believe me? Here are some reasons to attend a bridal show and/or open house:
- It’s nice to put a face to a name when meeting vendors. It’s going to be more helpful than looking at a million websites and not having that interaction.
- It’s easier to narrow down the options in each area as long as you keep your budget in mind.
- You can see if you’ll interact well with a vendor and not just a screen; you’ll be able to pick up on their personality and see if they will be a right fit for your wedding.
- There will be a lot of information, but it’s less than if you spend hours searching on the internet.
- It’s great even if you have some vendors already booked. It’ll be easy to find your last few vendors because you’ll know what you’re looking for.
- Even if you just got engaged and haven’t started the planning process, it’s a great way to get ideas, but make sure you know your budget first!
- Most importantly, they are there for YOU; they are more than happy to help you.
Here are some tips when attending a bridal show/ open house:
- Get a babysitter for your kids. They will distract you and this is your time to be finding your vendors for your big day.
- Create sticker labels so you won’t have to be filling out a form left and right. It will save you time not having to write your name, number, address, email, and wedding date. Even add in a picture of yourself, so the vendor will know exactly who you are when you contact them.