Planning a wedding can be a bit overwhelming at times, but attending a bridal show can help put your mind at ease! When you walk through the doors and look around the room, it may seem like a dreadful task because you don’t know where to start and you know you are going to be bombarded with more information than you need. Trust me, it’s worth it. Don’t believe me? Here are some reasons to attend a bridal show and/or open house:
- It’s nice to put a face to a name when meeting vendors. It’s going to be more helpful than looking at a million websites and not having that interaction.
- It’s easier to narrow down the options in each area as long as you keep your budget in mind.
- You can see if you’ll interact well with a vendor and not just a screen; you’ll be able to pick up on their personality and see if they will be a right fit for your wedding.
- There will be a lot of information, but it’s less than if you spend hours searching on the internet.
- It’s great even if you have some vendors already booked. It’ll be easy to find your last few vendors because you’ll know what you’re looking for.
- Even if you just got engaged and haven’t started the planning process, it’s a great way to get ideas, but make sure you know your budget first!
- Most importantly, they are there for YOU; they are more than happy to help you.
Here are some tips when attending a bridal show/ open house:
- Get a babysitter for your kids. They will distract you and this is your time to be finding your vendors for your big day.
- Create sticker labels so you won’t have to be filling out a form left and right. It will save you time not having to write your name, number, address, email, and wedding date. Even add in a picture of yourself, so the vendor will know exactly who you are when you contact them.