Sunday, May 12, 2019

My Bodyguard



From the moment I got engaged I knew that my son Spencer would be the one to walk me down the aisle. I asked him if he would take on the most important task of the wedding and that was to give me away. He took on the role like a champ and became Mom’s “bodyguard.” He has and will always be the #1 man in my life.



The night before the wedding, Spencer and I spent the night together, just the two of us before all the craziness started the next day. We talked about future plans and things he wanted to do. Time he and I’ll cherish forever.



He spent all day with me the day of the wedding relaxing with the girls and just taking in the whole process. When I asked him what his favorite thing about the wedding was he said “Seeing you so happy!” 



He was a part of the process from beginning to end and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. Plus, he was able to keep the biggest secret of all from his new step dad! I think he was more excited about surprising Johnathan than I was with both the Duke & Carolina mascots.  The day was a little overwhelming for Spencer, but Jennifer and her team made him feel comfortable and special every second.  He even got to hang out with the mascots right before they come out for the big reveal.  This totally made Spencer's night.  We danced the night and ended with a family dance, just the three of us.








Not only did Jennifer assist us in planning our wedding she even took care of our honeymoon in Sandals.  We made sure to stay home to celebrate Easter prior to flying off to our honeymoon.  Since Spencer couldn’t come along for our honeymoon we decided to let his pup enjoy her first adventure and shares our travels with Daisy.  Between our butlers at Sandals and Jennifer back home… it all just happened like magic.


~Courtney (April 20, 2019 bride)

No comments:

Post a Comment