Saturday, May 11, 2019

Never Stop Needing Your Mom


All my life I’ve looked up to my mother. As a child, she was comfort, 24/7 caregiver, snack warden, maker of breakfast…lunch…dinner and dessert, helper with homework, CEO of transportation and related activities, and on{rare}occasion, disciplinarian. My hero.



As a teenager, mom was consistent embarrassment, never-understanding, the fashion police, harshest disciplinarian in the world, yet a shoulder on which to happy or sad cry, a picture of strength and grace, pusher to achieve and solidly my greatest supporter. Still {secretly} my hero. As an adult, I have come to realize that at times mom was exhausted but never gave in, worried and never lost hope, a problem solver extraordinaire, truly wonderful in the chaos we call life, and a true best friend. Not-so-secretly my hero.

 

The reality is, I’ll never stop needing mom and she will never stop putting her needs aside to help her family. So, when it came to our wedding, mom’s definition of “relax and enjoy” matched the dictionary definition of “do everything and stress”, which takes on a whole new meaning with your Italian mother.



Then we met Jenn. From our first interaction with Jenn, she told us that one of her goals as a planner was for mom to be able to truly relax and enjoy the wedding. Disbelief – mom will still stress, but we will pretend she is calm. Nevertheless, we decided to put our trust in Jenn and I could not be more thankful that we did.



Jenn was true to her word and absolutely delivered a fantastic wedding that allowed mom to simply sit back, relax (really relax), eat, drink, DANCE and deliver a pre-composed essay length toast. I would be remiss if I fail to mention that Jenn made this possible even with the last-minute wrench of Hurricane Florence crashing our wedding!




Being able to share one of the most special moments in life with my mother on a stress free day is a priceless gift and for that, we thank Jenn and the wonderful Knot Your Average Event staff, wholeheartedly and forever.




Kristen (past bride)

(photo cred: Liz Grogan Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment