Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pinecones and Pearls

We were so lucky Saturday to be a part of two great weddings! I had the pleasure of being involved in Heather & David's wedding at Starlight Meadow and boy, was it truly a pleasure being there!




The decorations the couple brought on their own were absolutely gorgeous and full of charm. The additions the professionals made were the perfect finishing touches to elevate the event to something truly elegant. 



Flowers by Gary provided and arranged the flowers for the event and trust me, if you need flowers for anything and you're unsure where to find them, I highly recommend Gary and Michael. Jennifer has mentioned them countless times during the time I've been here and I finally got a chance to work with them and I was definitely not disappointed! I kept trying to snap pictures of the centerpieces and decor and I swear, every time I walked through the main barn I thought to myself "they must be finished now, they're so beautiful!" and without fail, there was more and more added until the gorgeous finished product was photographed.


Michael with Dream Builder Productions really made magic happen when we realized we would have to move the outdoor ceremony under a shelter due to the rain. Starlight Meadow has a pole barn where we had planned to have the gift cart, guestbook, and memory tables set up with drinks to enjoy before the ceremony but when we realized the weather simply wasn't going to cooperate us we had to transform that into a ceremony area quickly and Michael draped fabric along the roof above the aisle and on either side of the backdrop for the ceremony and it was truly beautiful. No one would have known the ceremony was meant to take place anywhere else.

The food was provided by Above & Beyond Catering. Not only was the food delicious but the staff was incredible! You wouldn't believe the difference it makes to have a catering staff working through your event. Their staff was so on top of things! I never saw an empty cup left on a table or the bottom of a single chaffing dish. The guests never once needed to worry about trash or running out of food because this staff was anticipating every possible glitch and they never let one come close to happening. 

Naked cakes are becoming pretty popular and they match perfectly with barn weddings so these two made the great decision to have one at their wedding. It fit the look of the wedding perfectly and the cake was delicious! I thought it would taste dry or not quite as good as others simply because of the lack of icing (because that's my favorite part of cake) but Sweet Stuff by Meredith made a delicious cake that will probably go down as one of the best tasting wedding cakes I've ever had. Plus, you get a toppings bar with naked cakes and that's a fun and interactive way to customize it to exactly what you want! 

John of Friendly Neighborhood DJ got the party started, kept it going, and artfully ended it on a great note when it was time for the grand exit. Eloquent, charming, funny, and just an all-around good time, John is one of the best DJs I've had the chance to see in action.

Courtney with Csaul Photography took way better pictures than I did (sorry y'all are stuck with my iPhone photos here) and she and Nikki were an absolutely pleasure to work with. I saw them catching some of the most beautiful moments on camera and Courtney went above and beyond to get some really creative pictures that I cannot wait to see!

Heather and David were such a beautiful and amazing couple to work with. Talk about kind, gracious, and enjoyable. The two of them were an absolute delight and their wedding was stunning. I am so happy I got to be a part of that special day.


3 comments: