Monday, May 7, 2018

Welcome Summer Practicum


Hi, my name is Alyson Kelly. I am from Snow Camp, NC. It is right outside of Burlington. I really enjoy doing outside things. I love going to Cedarock Park that is right down the road from my house. I love hiking on the trails that the park has to offer. I had just recently hiked up Hanging Rock and it was amazing. I have been to Hanging Rock but I have never hiked up the Hanging Rock Trail. I go camping a few times a year, in the fall and early spring and summer. After that it gets too hot to camp. Me and my family want to camp all the state parks. I also have hanging with my family and friends. Me and my friends are always doing something. It either going shopping being all girly or were going fishing in the middle of a cow pasture. There is no between. Finally, I love to travel.  The furthest I have been so far has been South Dakota for a mission trip. But this summer me and my best friend are going to the Bahamas, this will both our first time out of the country. I love going to the beach. Me and my family try to go to a different every year.

For my personality, I can be outgoing. When you first meet you may seem I am shy and
not outgoing. Once you get to know I can be that outgoing self and sometimes I may event talk too much. I am the most outgoing person in my family and friends. One time I went to a family gathering and my aunt had told me that I am the life of the party. I am always making somebody life. I am always laughing at something. When I am with my friends there is never a dull moment. I am always doing something crazy or I am saying something.

I am a senior at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I am studying Community Recreation and Special Event Planning with a minor in Communication Studies. I had picked this career because I love seeing event come together and love seeing the clients face when we are finishing setting up for their event. Another thing I like doing something different, so by working in the event industry this normally changes every six months.

The reason I picked Knot Your Average Events for my internship is because they allow you to do hands on stuff. I am allowed to set up on the day of the event, talk to the bride, etc. When I knew I was able to do hands on stuff I was like I must take this. I did not want to just walk around and watch to gain experience. What I want to get out of this internship is gain hands on experience. I want to meet different vendors so I can already know some people when I get out on my own. Also, I want to know how to create a layout for an event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment