Wednesday, August 3, 2016

It's hard to say goodbye to my internship

As I write this last blog my heartbreaks. KYAE was like family to me in so many ways. They helped me grow, mentored me through hard times, shared so much laughter, but more importantly they let me be a part of the magic they make for so many couples this summer alone. At times it was an overload with how much I had to learn in order to keep up! But I feel like I truly did my best. It’s hard saying goodbye to the event world this summer! For it always kept me smiling and though I went home tired I loved every second of it!

My KYAE family will remain in my heart and I am sure that we will meet again for some volunteer work! I just want them to know I am always willing to lend a helping hand and go the extra mile for them. I cannot thank them enough for making my dream come true. I felt as though I was a couple that they created magic for but I was just an intern getting the experience of a life time! 

I am going to miss setting up the most I believe. You truly see the staffs’ talent during these moments. Every team member has a strong point that makes them a great asset to the team. Jenn choose her staff well! I couldn't have done all that I did without the help and encouraging words from her staff! Thank you guys so much for continuing to motivate me when I felt like I wasn't doing a very good job. It meant and will always mean the world to me!

I learned so much that it’s hard to put into words. But a couple of major key things that I have learned are the client is to be asked before you make any changes to their day. Always remember to smile it makes you inviting to the clients in case they need you for anything. Always Always have a rain plan! Drink plenty of water and if you think it’s enough drink more! I learned about how to get inquiry for potential clients, how to manage Facebook pages if you have more than one, and blogging. The most important thing I learned is how to accept criticism without feeling like someone is belittling my work. That was a hard lesson for me because I feel bad and think that criticism is a negative reflection of how someone feels about me. However it's just a tool use to improve my drive to work harder and do better in the future!

120 hours went by so quickly. It feels like forever ago when I began my pursuit of this internship back in October! Where has the time gone?! I have seen so many people celebrate beautiful memories and moment in life! I will cherish those moments forever! 

So lets not say goodbye lets say see you later!

With all the love!
Kayla








No comments:

Post a Comment