Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The Inspired Intern: Valeria Torres

Hi everyone! My name is Valeria Torres & I am also interning with Knot Your Average Events this summer. A little bit about me: I was born in Florida, which is where I spent the majority of my childhood before moving to the Piedmont
area of North Carolina. I currently attend UNCG (one more year until graduation!!) studying Community Recreation and Event Planning with a minor in Sociology. In the fall, I begin my senior year, however I will be spending August through December studying abroad in Lima, Peru! When I'm not in class, (talking myself into) going to the gym or binge watching Grey’s Anatomy, you can usually find me giving tours on campus to prospective high school students, as I work as a Spartan Guide for the undergraduate admissions department of UNCG.

Over the time period of the next two and a half months, I plan on immersing myself into the event planning business. While most of what I will be doing is weddings with Jenn, a lot of it can be applied to a various amount of events. My main goal of my internship is to be able to walk away from this experience confident that I learned as much as possible and to feel as though I always kept an open mind. I am incredibly excited about this summer and all it that it holds for me. I look forward to sharing a few of those events with all of you during the incoming weeks!

- Intern Valeria 

No comments:

Post a Comment