Friday, January 4, 2019

non-negotiable


It’s Great Being a Non-Negotiable...

I met Bailey’s family a few years back when her sister hired us on as “day of coordinators” for the reception only portion of their wedding.  They had a church director handling the ceremony and really just wanted someone to make sure everything was taken care back at the Private Farm while their nearly 250 guests attended the church ceremony.  At first her Daddy kept saying “I’m not quite sure what you do and why are we paying you?”  I was reminded a few times that my services weren’t “really necessary” until THE DAY of the wedding.  After the family was able to truly enjoy the day and didn’t have to fuss with the clean-up, we quickly heard how valuable are services were. 

Top photo is from our first family wedding together... second photo is when we stepped in and assisted with the design too... both beautiful days and fully expressed each sister differently.

Fast forward those few years in between and Bailey’s Mon & Dad are sitting in my office (without Bailey) signing my contract and saying how much they appreciated everything we had done for their first daughter’s wedding and that I was a NON-negotiable.  Whatever dates I had available would be the starting point of looking for venues. WOW! I’m still blown away about the confidence in those words to this day!  I now say a referral is the best REVIEW and/or COMPLIMENT you can give us.  



PS… her parents have already stated whenever their youngest daughter gets married, I’ll be the first call…

No comments:

Post a Comment