Friday, January 4, 2019

Who am I?


Hmmmmm…who am I? I’ve been called the wedding whisper, coordinating ninja, a magician just to name a few of my nicknames but the reality is I’m just a down to Earth girl raised in a small town that has big dreams.  Although they say “I clean up nicely” I’m most comfortable in a pair of holey jeans, a t-shirt and flip flops.  I love planning local events but if you give me a few extra days off you can find me on the beach in the Caribbean somewhere.  While I’m the proud momma of two adorable pups, it’s our 6lb office
manager (aka Bailey) has stolen my heart.  She will greet you at the door and climb up in your lap to take a nap during our consultations.  We truly say you become family once your event becomes a part of our planning line up. 

          When it comes to our event designs, we think outside of the box.  I personally prefer booking a venue that speaks our couples first looking at the elements that it offers and go from there.  We love mixing textures and layers when it comes to linens (FYI, all white linens are for all white parties… if you are planning on wearing a “white” dress…you become a rental; shouldn’t you stand out?).  Your centerpieces do not have to be flowers (although we love a beautiful floral design) but let’s get creative with layout and details).  Let’s think outside of the box.  Design, Entertainment and Food & Beverage is what sets the tone for your event.  Linens and Lighting will set the mood, entertainment will keep your guests attention while you’re making your rounds and/or just enjoying being a guest… and the happiest guests have food and beverage options throughout the entire day…. Not just at meal time.  Let’s create an experience not an event…

        

  How do I create an experience?  It’s through my nearly 20 years of events and education.  I am one of 57 Master Wedding Planners in the World.  I am partnered with Sandals so we assist with honeymoons, destination weddings, anniversary trips, and/or Caribbean getaways. 



I can assist you in creating signature drinks because I’ve been a professional mixologist for nearly two decades and bartended from the coast to my hometown.  I am multi-certified through the Association of Bridal Consultants, The Bridal Society, Beverly Clark Hospitality, and Sandals. 



I have a degree in Recreation, Parks and Tourism and currently teaching Event Management & Planning at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.  I am now enrolled in the Grad program at UNCG to assist them in creating and developing a private event planning program and hopefully degree.  I’ve taught multiple classes at the Alamance Community College.

 We use our network through being members of the local chapter of the Alamance Chamber Association, executive board member of the Triad Bridal Society, NC state manager of the Association of Bridal Consultants, The North Carolina Wedding Society, being a member of Triad Weddings and a co-author of the Planners Unplugged book project to create the best line up of vendors to create the best line up of vendors not only locally but worldwide.

          When I’m not mentoring, teaching or creating magic for our couples you can usually find me taking my mom to the movies, hanging out with my amazing boyfriend, cheering on the Panthers or UNC and/or grabbing lunch with a friend.  I’m a true believer that you CAN have it all but you have to find a work-life-balance that fits your style and active lifestyle. 

That’s one of the many reasons why we limit the number of couples and clients we take on per year.  We love that our couples get to know us and that they feel they are still our one and only because in our eyes they are.  We treat each of our couples as if it’s our BFF getting married and their moms become ours (we’ll call

grandmas nanny & grandpas papa if that’s what they call them).  We’ve been invited to lots of family reunions, celebrations and baby showers following their wedding day…because for us it’s not just “one day” it’s a lifetime of memories we help create.  We love being that “Remember when” moment…so allow us to be THAT moment for you… we look forward to getting to know you and creating a special moment in time for you and your loved ones.


#theBESTisYETtoCOME 
 



Give of as theme...and we'll  rock it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment