Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Internship at Its Best!


Hello I’m Rhonda Ashby, I met Jennifer in 2014
when I hired her to do my daughter’s wedding.
I already knew that I would be losing my furniture
job of 18 years to Mexico. After all the wedding talk that day,
I mustered up enough bravery to ask her how she
got started in the event business. I thought she might tell me to get lost,
but much to my surprise, Jennifer was very graceful in her response.
She opened a drawer, pulled out a brochure
and proceeded to tell me about the Association of Bridal Consultants.
She told me that becoming a member would be the foundation
I would need to help me find my new beginning.    
She also told me about the                                        

 

Wedding and Event 101 class that
she teaches at Alamance Community College.
I remember leaving her office
excited about my future. Months later, I decided

to enroll in the 101 class at Alamance.

I was very touched by the fact
that everyone in the hospitality business
has been so very helpful, especially Jennifer.
She has since then, became my friend, my mentor and my boss.
I made the decision to go back to school
under the Trade Act Assistance program
and I’m on a new career path at
Guilford Technical Community College.
This is a picture of me accepting a scholarship from
Director of Guilford County Hotel Association,



Mr. Mike Reynolds.       
I was so honored to have the opportunity.   
Jennifer has been so kind to let me
do both of my internships with her.
She has such a heart for people
and she gives her students the very best she has to offer.

She has went out of her way to help me
and I truly believe she is a God send.



I have learned so much under her direction,
but the thing that stands out the most
about her is her passion for teaching.
I love the little talks we have from time to time.
She pushes others toward greatness
and she has helped me more than words can say.
She has made this internship a lot of fun
and I must say, it has been a Knot Your Average experience for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment