Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Internship Summer 2016- Alexandra

Hi there! My name is Alexandra Weethee. I am a rising senior at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. My major is Communication Studies with a concentration in marketing and PR and a minor in Psychology. I discovered about a year ago that event planning was right up my alley. I had gone back and forth between majors for a while and I found that event planning was right for me when I was planning my sorority's Bid Day last summer. For those of you who do not know, Bid Day in the sorority world is the first day you get to meet your future sisters and become a member of your sorority. When you get your bid, you run to your future sisters welcoming you with open arms, so excited to meet you. 

I was the Vice President of New Member Education for my sorority last year, so one of my main tasks was to plan the Bid Day event. Through finding the perfect venue, caterer, DJ, and decorations, I realized my passion for event planning and networking with awesome vendors. With that, I was eager to start on my search for a summer event planning internship. I came across Jennifer with Knot Your Average Events and had read the great reviews, so I knew I had to contact to her to see if she had any available positions. To my luck, I am now an intern for the wonderful KYAE and I could not be more excited to see what this position has in store! 

I have worked one wedding already and it was a great experience to be able to take part in and watch unfold. From the set up of the ceremony and centerpieces for the reception to the bride and groom dancing the night away and watching them leave in an array of bubbles, the experience was unforgettable and I am glad to have been able to be apart of it. I am excited to gain experience from this internship and to intake more knowledge on the art of all the pieces that go into event planning. I hope to one day be an event planner myself and I am sure this internship will give me much needed tools for the future. I hope to get to know the clients through each event being planned and to make sure that I put my best effort forth in every event to make each bride and groom's dreams come true for their special day!

Cheers to a wonderful wedding season!



With love from the KYAE intern,

Alexandra Weethee


1 comment:

  1. It really sounds like that was a truly magical wedding, Alexandra! Internships can be challenging, but they do certainly pay off in the long run. It's important to make a positive impact on each of your clients. Remember that they network with each other, and can increase your potential client base exponentially. Best of luck to you!

    Neal Johnston @ Zynger

    ReplyDelete